Tuesday 14 May 2013

Wicked tips and resources for small a online business

Starting up your own online business can be very daunting ! You have an overwhelming passion and desire to offer this amazing service or product but you don't know where to start! You fumble through setting up your facebook and twitter account and then create a pretty website that will never be found in google.

You put all this work in and then start to become disheartened because its not going to plan ! (trust me I know what that feels like I've been there)

So this blog is a little gift from me to you. I want to share with you a few simple tips and resources that have helped me along the way!! 


1. Right a good business plan !


Business plans can be so daunting BUT it is sooo important have one. This gives you structure and vision and keeps you on track ! If you are anything like me and you are more of a visual
person then you need to check out Leonie Dawsons Incredible Year Work Book and Calendar . It is amazing, colourful and is exactly what someone like me needs !! Basically it takes out all the boring of writing up a good strong business plan ! Plus it will only cost $9.95!



2. Picture perfect with Picmonkey 


If you have never heard about Picmonkey then I am very excited because I am about to show you something that is going to blow your mind. Picmonkey is a super user friendly photo editor. You can create funky graphics edit pictures and even create facebook timeline covers and so
much more. I use Picmonkey on a daily basis for graphic design, sliders for my website and even newsletter art work! So let your creative side go wild and get started with Picmonkey now !! 







3. SEO ?? Huh ??


Now this is something I had no idea about when I first launched my business and I wish I had. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) basically (and I mean basically) helps your store become more visible and easier to understand for search engines like Googe, Yahoo etc. I invested $44.00 into an amazing DIY SEO book from SEO Talk About Creative that has been a god send to me!

Dana from Seo Talk About Creative is amazing !!! Make sure you check out all her DIY seo books they are just $44. They are easy to read and really break it down for you step by step on how to get you on your way to page 1 of google. Dana holds Talk Social Groups on Facebook every now and then in which she covers topics such as Seo, the nitty grittys of Facebook and loads more. Because of Danas work shops and DIY SEO books I have managed to get my online business to page one of google for a few of my keywords. Best 44 bux I have ever spent!!

4. Net Working and Master Mind Groups


Above everything else I think it is sooo important to make sure that you are networking with other people within your industry. This can be through events,  attending markets or even through social media. For me what I have found to be the most effective is to join master mind groups. These groups are set up for the purpose of reinforcing growth and success while offering support to one another. 

The more your business grows you may find that you need to find different master mind groups because are wanting to connect with other people that are at a different level/path with their business. 

Through my master mind groups I have met and made connections with amazing people whom are experts in their fields from web developers, wholesalers, content marketing experts, owners of magazines, major brands and the list goes on. 


So there you go a few cool resources and tips to help you on your way to online success ♥ 
xx jenna xx



1 comment:

  1. Awesome info Jenna :)
    Definitely agree with all of those points!

    ReplyDelete